Thursday, November 13, 2008

HOW to UNBRICK your PSP


Most of us are now fond of using PSP (PlayStation Portable). Everyone has this gadget. When you go anywhere else you'll see it wether you are rich, middle-class or not so so. Most of my officemates have it. We also do game-sharing. The good thing about PSP its not all about gaming, it could also play music and movies, store photos or even take pictures if you do have an attachable camera on it. You could also use PSP to surf the net coz it has 802.11b wireless connectivity which let us play up to 16 gamers to hook up on a local wireless network or to the Internet for multiplayer gaming. PSP is portable, you could bring it anywhere you go. What I notice about PSP is the widescreen monitor that takes up practically the entire width of the device. PSP has USB 2.0 port, Memory Stick portwhere you could use upto 8g of mmc, Universal Media Disc slot, stereo headphone jack and WiFi wireless LAN port, Built-in stereo speakers and Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and it could stay up to 6hours of continous gaming but you can also purchase extra battery packs for longer playtime on the road. I bought a used PSP thru my friend Erickson Santos. I enjoyed playing games like Luxor, heroes"naruto", DragonballZ, 6wonders of the world and Silent hill. I also transferred my mp3 songs to it just in case i forgot to bring my ipod with me i could still listen to my favorite songs using my PSP. Im also fond of watching WWE's Smackdown and RAW especially their pay-per-views like no mercy,unforgiven, etc. When i missed watching those episodes i always ask my boyfriend and my friend Wel to download those episodes and save it thru USB or MMC, and i get to watch it using my PSP, no need to wait for me to come home coz i could still watch my favorite videos and series when im at work during my aux or when im idle. We dont need to bring ipod's, portable dvd players, digital cameras, and laptop with us coz PSP does it all. And guys let me just remind you that when you plan to upgrade/update the firmware of your PSP into a higher version you need to make sure that the device(your PSP) is full of charge and make sure that the AC adaptor is properly connected to your PSP and to the wall as well. If by any chance it get disconnected while upgrading the firmware, your PSP is Bricked. It might be stuck when it get to flash 1 while installing custom firmware or it might not come on at all. Sony has a special battery and software that could help us unbrick our PSP, they call it "pandora's battery". And if you got a PSP thats bircked and you cant do anything with it anyway, might as well give it a shot and try this steps that i got from yahoo on how to unbrick PSP.

1.Download DC 7
2.putit in a game on your memory stick
3. take out your normal battery and put the pandoras battery in
4. after it loads go to NAND operations
5. go to Format lflash
6.chhose the flash that needs to be fixed
7. let DC 7 reformat the flash your choosing

And to restore ID storage

1.repeat the steps 3-4
2. go to IDstorage tools
3.choose your region
4. press "X" when prompted to "get real MAC"
5.press "->"
6.press "X" again to restore the IDstorage

then after you follow all these steps you'll get to enjoy playing games again on your PSP. ÜÜÜ

1 comment:

Leslie Ann said...

wow, that was a good read. thanks!